Here are a few of the best tapas bars that you must visit in Barcelona:
1. Quimet & Quimet – Located in the Poble Sec neighborhood, this world-renowned tapas bar is known for its vast selection of both cold and hot tapas. The bar has a cozy atmosphere and is popular among locals and tourists alike.
2. El Xampanyet – This 90-year-old tapas bar is located in the Born neighborhood and is known for its sparkling cava and cold tapas. The bar is usually quite crowded, so it’s best to arrive early to avoid the crowds.
3. La Cova Fumada – This small family-run tapas bar is located in the Barceloneta neighborhood and is famous for its seafood tapas. The bar is particularly popular among locals, so it’s recommended to arrive early.
4. Bar Pinotxo – Located in the Boqueria market, this tapas bar is known for its traditional Catalan dishes. The bar is quite small but has a charming atmosphere.
5. Bodega La Puntual – This tapas bar is located in the El Born neighborhood and is renowned for its wonderful selection of traditional tapas. The bar has a rustic decor and a warm atmosphere.
6. Bar del Pla – Located in the El Raval neighborhood, Bar del Pla is renowned for its innovative tapas dishes, which are prepared using fresh ingredients. The bar has a modern decor and is quite trendy among locals.
7. Can Paixano – This family-run tapas bar is located in the Barceloneta neighborhood and is known for its delicious homemade sausages and cava. The bar has a casual atmosphere and is usually quite busy.
In conclusion, exploring the best tapas bars in Barcelona is an excellent way to experience the city’s vibrant culinary scene. These bars provide an authentic and unique atmosphere that allows you to share delicious dishes with friends and locals. Each tapas bar has its charm, and it’s recommended to visit as many as possible to sample different dishes and immerse yourself in the city’s food culture.